1) Download the Gas Money App and click the "Find services near you" button to sign up for a free Client Account.
2) Fill in your information and read all legal agreements fully before proceeding. When prompted to enter a credit/debit card, you may choose to skip this step. You will, however, need to enter a card in order to hire and pay contractors on the app. NOTE: Gas Money partners with Stripe Connect for all in-app payments, which is a reputable and secure platform. Gas Money will NEVER be able to view your credit card information.
2) Once your account is created, you may either search for services that you need or contractors in your area (displayed on your Dashboard). The "Services" button allows you to search for a service that you desire. Once you choose a service, it will bring up a list of all Gas Money contractors in your area who offer that service. If you already know a young adult who offers services on the Gas Money App, you may use the "Contractors" button to search for them and hire them for any service that they offer. If no contractors show up, it means that there are not yet any Gas Money contractors in your area that offer a certain service or services.
4) Once you find a contractor to hire, click the “Hire” button on the contractor’s profile to send them a job request. You are able to choose a day and time that you would like this service completed, and contractors have the ability to adjust this date and time if they need to through our "Messaging" tab.
5) If a contractor decides to collaborate with another contractor on your requested job, the new contractor will be added to your message conversation and you will be able to chat with both contractors at once. Feel free at any time to message the contractor(s) via the “Messaging” tab to discuss job details, pricing, equipment needed, or changes in schedule.
6) Once the contractor accepts the job, it will be added to your in-app calendar. If you would like to edit or cancel a job, you can do so by clicking the "Edit" or "Delete" symbol on the job description in the calendar.
7) Once a contractor(s) finishes the job, use the "Pay" button in the top right of the message center to send them the payment. For jobs that involve two contractors, make sure you pay them in the Group Chat instead of the original single message thread. Upon payment, you will be prompted to add the total requested price, an optional tip, the service that was completed, and any comments that you had about the job. Please note, contractors will receive 100% of your tip.
8) After payment, you will have the option to leave a review for the contractor(s). Please provide accurate star-ratings, and if you feel like you had an issue with a contractor, contact our support team.
1) Download the Gas Money App and click the "Work with us" button to sign up for a free Contractor Account.
2) Fill in your information and read all legal documents before proceeding. If you are under the age of 18, you will need a parent or legal guardian to also read and sign the Contractor Agreement for you. During account creation, you will also be prompted to create an account with Stripe Connect. This is REQUIRED in order for you to use the Gas Money App. If you have questions regarding Stripe, refer to the next FAQ or click here for an in-depth guide. After creating your Stripe Account, it is recommended that you download the Stripe App in order to see your earnings, receive payments, and fill out tax forms.
3) Once your account is created and you are registered with Stripe, customize your Gas Money Profile: Upload a profile picture, write a unique bio, select your service area, and upload relevant pictures to your job portfolio (previous work, equipment, etc.). NOTE: Clients will only be able to find and hire you if they fall within your selected service radii. It is recommended to have each service area cover at least a 5-10 mile radius.
4) It is only a matter of time before you start receiving job requests. Be sure to respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to all job requests you get, even if you have to decline some of them.
5) If a job seems too large for just you or if you prefer working with a friend, be sure to use our collaboration feature! This can be accessed after accepting a job request, and it allows you to choose another contractor(s) on the Gas Money App to invite to work with you on the job.
6) Use the work calendar to view your upcoming and past schedules. You also have the ability to edit or cancel a job on the calendar by clicking on the day of the job and using the icons in the job details section.
After downloading the Gas Money App and choosing the “Work with us” option, you will be prompted to create an account. Part of this account creation process requires you to create an account with Stripe Connect, which is partnered with Gas Money. Stripe Connect allows you to track and receive your payments all in one place. It may seem hard to use at first, but this tutorial will help explain the steps to setting up your Stripe Connect account.
The Gas Money App will prompt you to create a Stripe account directly after filling in your basic account info on the Gas Money App. Once this pop-up occurs, proceed as follows:
Step 1: Enter your email address
Step 2: Create a password
Step 3: Enter your phone number
Step 4: “Tell us about your business”
Step 5: “Personal Details”
Step 6: “Business Details”
Step 7: Enter your bank information
Step 8: “Customer support details”
Step 9: Review details and complete account
As of right now, the Gas Money App does not have the capability to provide notifications directly to your device's Notification Center. Until we are able to add this feature, please enable SMS notifications on your dashboard in the Gas Money App and you will receive text reminders and updates for jobs.
Contractors on the Gas Money App have the ability to add multiple service locations with with a unique mile radius for each location. All client-contractor and contractor-contractor connections on the Gas Money App are location-based. In order for a client to find and hire a contractor, the client‘s selected address must fall within a contractor‘s selected service area(s). Likewise, if a contractor wants to collaborate with another contractor, only contractors whose service areas encompass the selected client’s address will appear as options to the contractor who seeks collaboration.
In order to cover insurance, keep the Gas Money App running, and develop updates to improve the Gas Money App, Gas Money takes a commission from each of your completed jobs. This commission will never exceed 24% of your job revenue, and Gas Money will always have the current commission posted on your Contractor Dashboard. Keep in mind, you are able to set your own rates, so you can price accordingly if you desire. On the other hand, you will want to stay competitive with other contractors, so keep this in mind when pricing your services. You will also keep 100% of all tips that you earn, so make sure you show up on time, present yourself well, and do a great job so you will be more likely to get tips!
If you do not live in or near Genesee County, MI, it is very likely that we have not yet expanded to cover services in your area. The Gas Money App will start mainly in the Genesee County, MI, and then branch out from there. Send us a support request if you believe we should have Gas Money in your area, and keep an eye out for new Gas Money expansions!
After a contractor (or multiple contractors) completes a service for you via the Gas Money App, you can pay them directly through the app in the message thread. First, click the message icon in the top right of your dashboard to open the list of your messages. Next, click on the conversation with the contractor(s) who completed the service you are paying for. NOTE: IF MULTIPLE CONTRACTORS COLLABORATED ON YOUR JOB, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE GROUP CHAT WITH BOTH OF THEM RATHER THAN JUST PAYING THE ORIGINAL CONTRACTOR YOU HIRED. Finally, after you open the message thread with the correct contractor(s), click the money sign ($) in the top right of the message thread. You will be prompted to enter the quoted price, an optional tip (contractor(s) receive 100% of tips!), the service you are paying for, as well as a note about the payment. All payments on the Gas Money App require a valid credit/debit card, and all payments will be completed through Stripe, which is a secure and reputable payment company. Gas Money LLC will NEVER have access to or be able to view your card information.